Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"Singing" Author is Full of Fantasy Books

As the title says, I sing and dance, and speaking to others, they seem to like the nickname, so I call myself the "Singing Author". With my huge mixture of interests, this describes me fairly well.  

I was also adopted. As an only child, I was left to figure out what to do by myself most every day.  I either played by myself, or outside with friends in the neighborhood, biking, walking, raising hell - which was almost every day.  You know what I mean. I spent a lot of time playing with my Barbies thinking up all kinds of trouble they could get into, and I was hooked on the Beatles and Paul Revere & the Raiders.  I spent hours singing, and dancing as well. 

My mind dreamed up all kinds of stories, and I am lucky that I kept them rustling around in there even today!  My #trilogy is based on many of those stories rattling around in there.  It took until now to separate them!  

I began singing solo at the age of 5, and never stopped.  I was in choir at church, and I hit every school choir and ensemble from the 9th grad forward.  

But, it was when I sang that some of my stories came into my mind.  Music lets my mind wander into a whole other world - a Fantasy/scifi world.  So many, in fact, that trying to drag these out from my youth to write a book had me figuring out which went where in each story!  But, I still couldn't make up my mind - for years, of course, until July of 2031 - Oops! I meant July of 2013 - At least I think it was 2013?  




I had 6 years of dance, and it included ballet, tap, jazz, and toe in the last year. Those were the fun years! I got to mix music with my feet!   My feet truly were happy, and so was I. (OH, man! These picture bring back a lot of memories! 





Anyway, in addition to singing, I loved books.  One of the reasons I didn't like school books filled with history, or whatever, was simply because the books held the same stories whether true or not.  So, I pulled out other kinds of books.  I loved adventure stories to begin, but gravitated toward fiction & historical books, finally settling on Science Fiction, Fantasy, Paranormal, and the Supernatural. I still can't get enough of them! 

My biggest problem? Which characters I wanted to use in anything I wrote?  And, I never could figure them out until last year.  Don't ask how long that took me, because I've always been known as a "Jack of all Trades, but Master to None". 

OK. I have to admit that I loved Comics, too. Back then, girls didn't read them as much as girls, and none of my other girlfriends liked them.  I also liked the Superhero stuff.  I was also a bit odd, because I had more fun with the guys sometimes!  When I would have loved to get a train, I got dolls.  But that was the way it was in those days.  I made up for it a few years ago, and bought a train for under my Christmas Tree!  You know?  I really  

Anyway, I made up all kinds of stories, and now, I'm busy putting and merging them altogether along with a lot of new ideas.  

An adoptee who sings and dances has all kinds of fantasies, and makes up all kinds of stories, too.  I never thought I'd put some of them to use by becoming a writer. IN fact it never even occurred to me to write!  Oh, I was like everyone else. "I need to write a book one of these days." Only, most of us never get around to writing that book.

When my family went to Europe in 1971, I was always bored at bedtime, or when we had down time. I kept a journal of our trip, but it just wasn't enough!  So, we ran into a bookstore in Italy, and it had lots of books, and I found a great one by Barbara Cartland.  I read that book a lot until I found some more stores along the way.  I brought back several. I still have the original although it's seen better days. 

From then on, I had a book in my hand constantly.  I used the school library, but they just didn't have a lot of the books I wanted.  So, instead, I began to buy them. I saved up all the time, and that's what I spent my money on as I worked.  It's a wonder I ever met my husband!  He doesn't read books. But, he does love to read Consumer Reports and the Newspaper.  A real one, not one on a reader! He's a bit old-fashioned that way.  I don't care. I grab my physical books, or my reader, and read.  

Today's world is so different.  But, no matter what...books will always be my main source of entertainment - and now, writing them is taking precedence, because I love my characters, and my stories.  Apparently, a lot of others do as well.

Anyway, this is just a brief glance into who I am, and why I write. Enjoy! 

And, hey! My first 2 books are in #paperback #format now, and the third is on its way!  And, yes...I do have plans to turn them into an e-book next year sometime.  But, the price is reasonable, and are even on the shelves in Fayetteville, #Arkansas as well as Glendale, #Colorado in the #Denver area.  The price is reasonable, and you'll be sure to never lose them through technology, either!



And, just wait till the LAST BOOK in the Trilogy! It has everything including time travel, and more!

Here are the links to the first 2 books of The White Wolf Prophecy Trilogy
~ Mating ~ & ~ The Hall of Records ~ 





No comments:

Post a Comment