Wednesday, August 13, 2014

From Editor to Author in 2 Years!

How did I get here?  Becoming an #author,  I mean.  While it's not really that complicated, it sure did surprise me!  

2 years ago, I was asked to edit a book, and I said, "Sure!  Why not?"   


Why I never thought about #editing, or #writing, I will never know. I was an A student in English, spelling, lit, and anything else that had to do with words, sentences, paragraphs, etc.  So, it was obvious that I should have done something along this line all my life!  It's amazing what you learn later in life that you never thought about earlier.  But, well, live and learn!  

As the years went by, I had my daughter, and as fate would have it, she entered into television as a great producer. She wrote a lot, but she hated to edit, so I edited her writings from the first day she started writing seriously.  I would give her suggestions in school, but I did not do her work for her. 

So, I edited the book for a writer, and she was very pleased.  Then, she asked me to edit her next book as well.

About 7 months later, an idea for a book found me while I was sleeping. The next day, I couldn't wait to get it down. I began writing my Trilogy in July of 2013, and had the entire series written in 3 months.  And, I had F u n doing it!  What was even more important to me were friends who read my first book.  One of them is a teacher, & has a Master's degree.  She told me she loved it, and I should have been writing books for years!  That meant a lot to me, and then others started picking it up & reading The White Wolf Prophecy ~ Mating ~ including authors who love it!  

But I wasn't satisfied before it was published.  After finding out how expensive covers were, I knew I had enough talent to design my own, and I did.  So, my books really ARE my books!  

I chose an independent publisher for paperback, and will release an ebook soon, probably in Kindle format.  

But, there is one thing i do know... I never, EVER thought I would be a published author, yet, here I am!  

I'm now a published author of two of my Trilogy, and I have several more books just waiting for completion! I hope to write for years to come! 

If you love werewolves, vampires, & elves, read my books, because you will see them in a whole new way!  

No comments:

Post a Comment