Saturday, June 7, 2014

The White Wolf Prophecy Trilogy written in #Secret

Author LK Kelley
The White Wolf Prophecy Trilogy Website

My 1st and 2nd books of The White Wolf Prophecy Trilogy are already 5-Stars on both Amazon & Barnes and Noble. It has even made it onto the Barnes and Noble shelves as well! If yours does not have it, ask for it.  

Because all of this was such a surprise, I wanted to tell you about my story, and why I wrote them.  I am constantly being asked how I came up with my #plot and my #characters.  Like others who always say "I'm going to write a book someday", I was just like them.  But, I was "pushed into writing".  How do I start?  Well, I woke up in the middle of the night, and it was all right there in front of me. And by that I mean the entire #Trilogy was #written almost instantly.  I saw the beginning, the middle, and the end. Although, I have to admit the #original #ending I changed, because I wanted a out-of-the-ballpark ending no one was expecting. And, I got it in spades!  No one will expect it!  It's unlike any ending you've ever read!  I can guarantee it.


Kaitlan & Cordone
Heroine & Hero of the book






               The main #cast of #characters are #werewolves:
                    Left to Right

                Kaitlan Seneca O'Hara - #heroine of the #book
                     Cordone Tristan Valon is the #hero





   The rest of the werewolves: 

Sarah Michelle Collins - Kaitlan's best friend
Samuel James Knight - Canaan's acting second
Anita Carol Moore  - O'Hara Clan doctor
Daniel Marcus Wheeler - Security
Lynne Victoria Devane - Canaan's secretary
Richard Morton O'Malley - Senior Council member

#Vampire:   Stefan - Leader
#Elf:   Ali'on - King

Of course, I have a lot of minor #characters as well, but each one figured directly into the #story.  The #settings were also born. #StLouis, MO and The #RockyMountains in #Colorado were the setting, but the main settings were in Colorado.  But, the most #innovative building in the book was hand-carved out of the side of a #mountain in the #rockies. It's #unique, and I've been asked how the heck I came up with it?  Ah, but isn't that the #writers secret?

OK. I had the plot! I had the characters! I even had the title!  But, did I have the DESIRE to put it all down? That was the question the next morning.  Only this day, it was different.  It was early July, 2013.  I felt as if someone was behind me demanding to sit down and write.  I had no thought how to get it known, how to get it #published, but I just put that on the back burner.   Those things just flew out the window in my desire to write the story.

So, I started #writing - in #secret.  I told no one at all what I was doing.  That's true. Between July and October of 2013, I #wrote almost every #day.  I ignored my #Facebook while doing so.  

With trips back and forth to #Branson, #Missouri and #silverdollarcity serving as a break, I was antsy to return to #writing, but since my family knew nothing about it, well, that meant I had to grit my teeth and suck it up!

My original #age #target was between 25-50.  But, I changed it to 18-60 after I discovered how many #women desired an #adultromance (complete with erotic scenes) in a #scifi #supernatural & #paranormal in a #romance book.  And, believe it or not...I am one of them! That was the #reason I wrote the Trilogy. After speaking to many between those ages, I found a great many wanted what was being written for the #teens - but with #sex #scenes. And, that is exactly what I give them in the #whitewolfprophecy. 

But, while the sex scenes are erotic, and detailed, they are #beautiful between each couple because of #love.  These add to the plot, and do not detract from it.  The plot is not separated from the #erotic scenes, because the #stories #behind the 4 #couples of my book are directly related. Without those, the plot just wouldn't #work. And, despite what some might say, these scenes are not the book. They are the compliment to the plot! Each couple has their own, unique story.

I spent #hours on end in front of my #computer. The more I wrote, the more I was able to #weave all the in between words and settings that it takes to write a book. My eyes began to redden, and hurt, and I found myself writing from 7 in the morning to 11 at night with hardly a break!  I even forgot to eat some days!  But, this was so important to me, I couldn't stop.

After about two weeks, I noticed that my wrists were hurting.  I couldn't #write very long at a time, and they felt terribly bruised.  I hit on the #idea to use #wrist #wraps for lifting #weights.  Those turned out to be just too heavy, so I opted to use wrist supports in nylon that were adjustable.  These worked perfectly!  So, as I wrote, now, I was very comfortable, and my wrists no longer hurt.

Before I knew it, my book was ready for #publishing.  I chose an #independent #publisher because it was right for me.  We have so many choices in publishing, today, that it was really hard to choose.  But, I chose ISOTUT. Why?  Because they were independent, and they love to feature new writers. I know had I submitted to a larger publisher, the book would probably not be read, and I'd get the #manuscript back.

I am also an editor which saved me some buck,  and I #designed the covers of both books 1 & 2 - again, saving me some big bucks.  I didn't want a "stock cover" #photo. 

My characters were already fully formed, and I could not believe my #luck when two people who met the descriptions ASKED to be on the front covers.  Since then, I've had a third for book 2.

Well, I wasn't about to pass those offers up, so I accepted, and we went into #photoshoot mode.  We had a total of 3 altogether.  Because Kaitlan and Cordone lived 900 miles from each other, we flew Kaitlan into #Arkansas for a photoshoot with Matt Mclenahan of http://razorbackfoto.com in #LittleRockarkansas.  I was so fortunate to have these #amazing people want to be a part of my book!

L to R:  Kaitlan, Cordone, Matt Mclenahan, Wes


I thought both my husband and daughter would be so-so when I told them what I had done.  But, that wasn't the right word.  They were both #SHOCKED/

I told my husband about three weeks before I was finished.  One night, he finally asked me what I was doing. I told him I was writing a book.  His eyebrows went up, then he said, "I figured."  Sure he did.  ;)  

I finally got the guts to tell my daughter.  I thought she was going to hyperventilate she was so #surprised.  

No matter what, I #believe in my book, and its plot.  Even now, I can't believe I actually wrote it!  I believe it is one of the most #unique plots ever, and it is nothing like any book you have ever read.  I can guarantee it.  There are HUGE surprises throughout the trilogy, but you have to buy it to read it!  

So, here's my "gift".  I am providing you with the first 2 chapters of both books right here, right now to prove it to you.  




Right now, book 1 is $9.32 @ #amazon & $17.40 @ #barnesandnoble and card holders receive 10% off

 9781615000500







Right now, book 2 is $10.66 @ Amazon & $10.66 @ Barnes and Noble

                                                      9781615000562


#barnesandnoble #amazon #booksamillion #whitewolfprophecyblog #whitewolfprophecytrilogy #whitewolfprophecy #amwriting #weneeddiversebooks #paranormalromance #werewolfromance 


No comments:

Post a Comment