Monday, March 17, 2014

Authors - Start Your Websites! - Part 2


5 Stars @ Barnes and Noble & Amazon Around the World!
Official Website of The White Wolf Prophecy ~ Mating ~ Book 1

Authors - Start Your Websites - Part 1



Kaitlan O'Hara  by  Erica Boniface
Authors - Start Your Websites! - Part 1





 
If you haven't yet read "Authors - Start Your Websites!", the link is above!

(Continued from "Authors - Start Your Websites - Part 1)

16)  Now, it's time to refine your website.

17)  You need to have a photoshoot(s).  I suggest, if you have friends willing to participate in your book (as I did), or places that you have access to close by, that's the best way to go.   Other than writing the book, this can be the most consuming time of all.  As you saw in Part 1, I had to make do with original photos that were accessible immediately.

18)  PHOTOSHOOT #1 - This shoot was the most important of all, because these were the ones I needed for my book cover since I designed my own.  (See the link to the blog - my most popular blog of all)

BOOK COVER DESIGN - How to Design Your Own - Make it Unique




                              


         

19)  PHOTOSHOOT #2 - My situation was a bit odd.  My characters do not live near each other, but between the 3 of us, we live approximately 1140 miles away from each other.  So, getting together wasn't possible for the first Photoshoot.  But, thanks to my two awesome photogs, Matt Mclenahan of Razorbackfoto.com , and Erica Boniface (independent), we managed to get some great ones to start!  Above, you will find one of these photos.  Both photoshoots took place very close together.  I had a specific look I wanted, and I wanted tasteful photos.  Many like the all skin photos these days, and because of that, I wanted something different.  And, here are a few of those photos from our first photoshoot.  I thought they turned out perfect for the website with which to begin a more professional looking site.  I thought these turned out beautifully!  I chose the photo at the top of the page,, and Cordone's below for my book cover. 
The White Wolf Prophecy ~ Mating ~ Book 1 

1140 miles between all of us had to be coordinated.  The day we drove to Matt Mclenahan's home, and where Cordone lives, was a 2 1/2 hour drive through sheets of rain that didn't stop all night, to the entire trip.  We had to cancel our outdoor shoots because of the rain.  It was a nightmare, and I won't deny it.  Make sure your female character (if you have one) uses a professional hairdresser/makeup artist.  You won't be sorry you did.




At first, there was going to be less clothing, but I decided I
didn't want this.  These two amazing characters have other jobs, just like others, we wanted their foray into the public eye to be tasteful all the way around.

And, that's what we did.  Here are some examples.
20)   Finally, for a bit of fun, I took lots of behind the scenes in the photoshoots! Love to see what happens on the set!                                                                                                                                                               
   



20)  Now, it's time to make some artwork for your sites.  You want it to match your idea for your website. It does not have to look like your book, and I refuse to use the pre-made artwork on these free sites!  I use Photoshop for some of these, and Paintshop Pro for others.  I have so many of them, but these two are an example.  I have many examples, and am working on new ones as well.  Then, I add my photos onto these to post on the website.





21)  Now, it's time to have fun, and put all your ideas together.  Go to my Official Website - see link above.  I invite you to look around my website, click on everything, and see how I did my site.  The more ideas, and the more photos, etc., you have, the better!  

22)  Even after you have designed your website, have MORE fun with it! Change your artwork, your photos, and make sure you keep it up to date.  

In summary,  I love making as much of my website as possible work.  I love colors, and am not afraid to use them at all!  

One thing I do is to make sure I connect not only my blog with a BLOGGER FEED, but I also love to help my fans keep up with ALL my social media as well!  And, many free web designers have apps to add to your website!  

Make sure you have ways to allow people to "like" your page directly from your page. Comments are always great!   You have such a wide variety of colors, designs in your buttons, photos, and other things that you can link each one of them to just about anywhere on the internet that you use.  

As to Domains.  Be advised that these cost money - usually not expensive, but there are monthly fees if you connect it to your site.  They are usually minimal, but it depends if you have money to do this at this point especially if you are a new writer. 

Meet my main character, Kaitlan O'Hara!

Official Website of The White Wolf Prophecy ~ Mating ~ Book 1
                                                           
I also invite you to read my book as well!  You can click on any button on my website to order.  I have chosen, at this point, a paper back book format.  I asked many people, and the majority still like to have a book in hand.  I am split between them.  I can buy a real book, or e-book.  But, one thing is sure.  With a real book, you will ALWAYS have access to it, whereas if something happens someday to our digital media, well, it's gone.   But, that's my opinion only, and I buy books that I want to keep forever.  

My book is 5 Stars across Amazon & Barnes and Noble (didn't expect that), and is found in several countries with Barnes and Noble, BAM, and Amazon:











9781615000500

#whitewolfprophecy

#lkkelley

#whitewolfprophecyblog













No comments:

Post a Comment